A one day course covering Functional Machine Safety. In-depth course materials and Six Steps to Safe Machine guide provided for you to take away.
£100 plus VAT per person. As places are limited there is a maximum of 4 people per company allowed.
Who should attend
Engineers, Machine Builders, End Users upgrading a plant or trainees/apprentices.
By the end of the training you should be able to:
- Understand the basic requirements of the functional safety standards
- Understand ISO 13849 and how to apply it practically
- Understand hazard identification and mitigation techniques
- Communicate the essential elements of functional safety to colleagues
- Determine the required Performance Level (PL) with risk graph and matrix methodologies
- Understand how to verify and validate safety functions
- Understand the operation and function of the IFA Sistema Software
- Practical approach to designing a solution based on a configurable safety controller.
The day will run from 9.30am until 3.30pm and will be split as follows:
Walk through BS EN13849-1
- Basic structure and terminology, Relation with the legislative requirements, Basic process guideline, Worked example using a simple safety function.
- Basic introduction to the workspace, Development of a safety function using basic electro-mechanical and complex components, Identification of sub system blocks from an electrical layout, Transfer of the sub system block to Sistema, Open discussion - use of customer real examples.