Spend a day in an AS/NZS 4024.1 Machine Safety seminar alongside others from industries similar to yourself and hosted by a specialist in Machine Safety and the relevant standards.
Learn about the revisions to AS/NZS 4024.1 (19 parts), two newly added parts as well as withdrawn parts.
- We cover the new application guide and highlight the mandatory requirements within and the importance of the interrelationship between the AS/NZS 4024 series.
- Learn about fault exclusion, good design principles to minimise attempts to defeat, safety distance calculation for presence sensing safety devices, the European vs Australian/ New Zealand standards hierarchy, how Performance Levels verses Categories affect your machine safety design decisions and much more.
- The legal requirements
- Australian/New Zealand and European machine safety standards changes and cross reference
- European Machine Directive: what does it mean? How does it influence our machine safety standards?
- Identifying the risk and hazards
10.30am - 10.45am
- Risk assessment process
- Hierarchy of machine guarding
- Safety interlock requirements and installation (tongue, guard locking and non-contact)
- E-stop requirements
12.15pm - 1.00pm
- Light Curtains ,Safety Laser Scanner requirements, installation and safety distance calculations
- Series connected switches and fault masking considerations
- Performance Level safety principles
3.15pm - 3.30pm
- Functional Safety design and identifying safety functions
- Example of Functional Safety design
- Open questions and discussion
Please note: This agenda may be subject to change