In this online seminar various solutions based on different technologies for track / train inspection and identification will be described and discussed.
There are three focus topics:
- Three-dimensional inspection of passing trains for finding any protruding load or train components which could cause serious damage to infrastructure and/or life
- Three-dimensional inspection by high-speed 3D camera:
- for partly automated visual inspection of trains while passing by in normal operational speed (wayside mounted) or
- for automated visual inspection of track components and/or contact and catenary wires (train mounted)
- Identification of train wagons or cars and locomotives when passing by with their operational (high) speed but also identification of goods during / before / after maintenance. Other technologies and applications of sensors in railway will not be presented